wet plate collodion cameras

3 replies to this topic

#1 Bulb Photo

Bulb Photo

Site Admin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

B&S used to offer a Wet Plate kit that included a folding Brownie converted to accommodate the plates.
Is this not an option anymore?
Does anyone know where I can find a portable camera ready to use for Wet Plate or Dry Plate Tin Types?

Thanks,
Sarah

#2 vaughn

vaughn

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Carbon and platinum/palladium
    Wilderness

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

What size images are you thinking of?

Vaughn

#3 clive john henderson

clive john henderson

Site Admin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

B&S used to offer a Wet Plate kit that included a folding Brownie converted to accommodate the plates.
Does anyone know where I can find a portable camera ready to use for Wet Plate or Dry Plate Tin Types?

Thanks,
Sarah

Sarah,
I had a beautiful custom hand made replica of a 1/4 wet plate camera with plate holder and back, made by David Thornberry a camera maker here here in southern California.
I am very happy with it since I could not afford an original at this time. I feel sure he will be only to glad to send you some picture of the camera he made for me,
He will make any size format to order.
Best Clive

#4 clive john henderson

clive john henderson

Site Admin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Thanks,
Sarah

Thanks,
Sarah

Sarah,
Sorry I forgot to put in David thornberry camera maker email address; elkh8me@gmail.com.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users